ReviewsNo reviews yet
Visit the famous Rainbow Mountain, a wonderful place surrounded by immense mountains, peaks and glaciers, pristine and colorful valleys, alpacas and llamas. Also Enjoy a Picnic experience lunch, ideal to take the photos you always dreamed of!
Recommended season for this tour: March - December
Tour duration: 4:00 - 16:00 (10 Hours)
- Early departures to avoid the crowds and have the Rainbow Mountain just to ourselves.
- Enjoy Receive a personalized service on small groups between 2-4 people (maximum 8 people per group)
- Enjoy a Picnic experience at lunch.
- Ten We have biosafety protocols (50% capacity, spacing, temperature meters, disinfectants)
- Pick up from the Hotel in Cusco
- Roundtrip transportation from/to the Hotel.
- Entrance fees.
- Professional tour guide (English – Spanish speaking)
- Snacks and Water (nuts, chocolate and a fruits)
- Picnic box lunch (vegetarian, vegan and gluten free options)
- Cold and hot drinks available (such as teas and coffee)
- Trekking poles.
- Thermal blankets in the car.
- Bag of coca leaves and sweets.
- First aid kit & oxygen bottle.
- Meals not described on the itinerary.
- Tips for the guide and driver (Voluntary).
4:00 - 7:00 : Pick up from Hotel - Transfer to Phulawasipata
Our adventure begins very early at 4:00 am with our guide who will pick us up from the hotel and then transport us around 2 hours and 30 minutes from Cusco to Cusipata, exactly to the parking lot of the Rainbow Mountain (Phulawasipata, Chillihuani Community)
7:00 - 10:00 : Phulawasipata - Hike to the Rainbow Mountain
In this place, our guide will give us some recommendations and directions, while we have a coca tea or eat a snack before starting the walk to the Mountain of Colors.
During the hike, which will be around 2 hours (4Km), we will have the opportunity to observe beautiful landscapes such as gigantic mountains, glaciers, colorful valleys with llamas, and alpacas around. We will also have contact with the people of the communities and learn about their lifestyle and culture.
10:00 am - 11:00 am: Arrival at the Rainbow Mountain - Guided tour
Around 10:00 am we will be arriving at the majestic Mountain of Colors also called Vinicunca (5000 meters above sea level), where we will take a break of around 15 minutes while our guide gives us an explanation of the place and at the same time we can enjoy the views There are impressive surroundings, we will also have the opportunity to observe from very close the highest mountain in Cusco called Ausangate (6380 masl).
After that, we will have free time for about 30 minutes to explore on our own and take all the photos we want.
11:00 am - 4:00 pm: Descent - Lunch - Return to Cusco
After visiting the Rainbow Mountain, we will descend for 1 hour and 30 minutes to the parking lot (Phulawasipata) where our mobility awaits us.
After arriving at the parking lot we will return for about 45 minutes to Chillihuani where we will have a picnic to relax and have lunch. After lunch we will return to Cusco for approximately 2 hours, and we will be dropped off at the hotel around 4:00 PM.
We organize this tour everyday, for this reason we recommend the passengers stay at least one whole day in Cusco to Acclimatize, this is a prerequisite to go on this tour because you start to walk over 4600mts (15091 fts) and the summit is over 5020mts (16469 fts).