ReviewsNo reviews yet
Enjoy a spectacular day! In this tour we will visit the famous salt mines of Maras, an impressive place where we will see the way of extracting salt since ancient times and we will also visit Moray, one of the most mysterious and impressive archaeological sites because of the way of the construction.
Recommended season for this tour: Year-round
Tour daration: 8:30 - 14:00 (aproximately)
- Receive the best serviice with our experienced guides and confortable transportation .
- We have departures every day in groups of 10-16 people.
- We have biosecurity protocols (80% capacity, spacing, temperture meters, disinfectants)
- Pick up from the hotel
- Return to the city center in Cusco.
- Professional tour guide with English and Spanish speaking
- Tourist transportation
- First aid kid and oxygen tank
- Tourist ticket and entrance to Maras (see in recommendations)
- Tips for the staff (voluntary)
8:30 - 11:30 : Pick up from the hotel - Transportation - Visit Maras
Our adventure begins early at 8:30 am with our Best Tour Options staff who will pick us up from the hotel and then transport us to the Sacred Valley of the Incas passing through an artisan community in Chinchero where we will see the treatment of llama wool, to our first destination: the mines of Maras (entrance fee not included). The guide will explain the salt extraction process and we will have time to take pictures.
11:30 - 14:00: Visit Moray and Return to Cusco
Then, we will go to Moray, an agricultural laboratory that the Quechuas used to experiment with the crops of the different regions where they were present. We will be able to walk along the trails to take pictures and feel the variation of the climate according to the depth of the terraces, which have a difference of 150 m between the lowest and highest point.
Once the 5-hour tour is completed, we will return to Cusco in our vehicle, arriving at the center of the city.
Recommendations content test